With the Washington Redskins' training camp move to the state-of-the-art Bon Secours training facility in Richmond, Va., here are some fast facts on the new facility:
- A world-class training facility that will set the standard of excellence for training camp experiences in all of professional sports.
- Home to the Washington Redskins' three-week Summer Training Camp in July / August.
- Situated on 17 acres along Leigh Street, behind the Science Museum of Virginia.
- Two professional-quality football fields, along with spectator areas.
- Washington Redskins Training Camp represents the single largest grassroots professional sports event to take place within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Brings an NFL presence to Richmond, from one of the most recognizable professional sports brands in the world.
- Expecting to attract more than 100,000 fans, the three-week Training Camp will bring tourism opportunities to Richmond.
- Economic impact of the Training Camp is an estimated $8.5 million annually.
- Training Center will bring an estimated $40 million investment to Richmond and hundreds of new jobs.
- Stimulates the City's economic development activity, job growth and business expansion.
- Washington Redskins will team up with Bon Secours to promote healthy living, with community health and wellness programs extended into Richmond.
- Bon Secours will further its long-established commitment to bringing health care services and education to Richmond's underserved areas, including the East End, Church Hill and now the Leigh Street neighborhoods.
- Bon Secours Sports Medicine, located at the Training Center, will include:
* Sports medicine rehabilitation and athletic performance development. * Men's health, fitness and education programs. * Headquarters for *movin' mania*, Bon Secours' healthy kids initiative. * Bon Secours sports medicine specialists, therapists, trainers, physiologists and orthopaedic physicians providing services year-round. * Fields and locker rooms available to the public for youth programming and competitions when the Redskins camp is not in session.
- Richmond-based firms instrumental with the construction, development and engineering of the Training Center include Hourigan Construction, 3North and the Timmons Group, respectively.
For more information on the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center, visit www.redskins.com/trainingcamp.