On Wednesday, September 13th, the Women of Washington Redskins (WOW), Women in Sports and Entertainment DC (WISE DC) and The University of Maryland Career Center hosted a panel on Maryland's campus highlighting four women and their experience breaking into and working in the sports industry. The women all discussed their backgrounds, jobs, as well as networking tips before going onto answering questions from the audience. The panel featured the following the guests:
- Moderator: LaRhonda Burley, Senior Director, Partnership Marketing, The Washington Redskins
- Katie Bollinger, Marketing and Fan Development Manager, The Baltimore Ravens
- Tish Carmona, Corporate Communications Manager, The Washington Redskins and 2017 University of Maryland Alum
- Gina Ekmekjian, Director, Signature Events, The Tiger Woods Foundation
- Erin Mitchell Martin, Director, Group Ticket Sales, The Washington Wizards
Guests were also able to enjoy some delicious food provided by our host UMD. Guests included current UMD students & WOW members, all who received a WOW lanyard along with a raffle ticket for Redskins autographed items.
Thank you to WISE DC, University of Maryland Career Center, Pepsi and our panelists for their support for our WOW and WISE College Leadership Series!