RICHMOND, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they will host Fan Day presented by Loudoun County Department of Economic Development at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Va. on Sunday, Aug. 23. Admission is free for all fans.
A ticket lottery will be conducted for Redskins Fan Day. Fans wishing to attend may enter the lottery free of free of charge by visiting www.Redskins.com/fanday. Gates will open at 11:30 a.m. Practice is scheduled to begin at 1:35 p.m.* and tentatively conclude at 3:30 p.m. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy an entire day of Redskins festivities.
"We continue to appreciate the strong support we receive from our fans in Loudoun County," President Bruce Allen said. "We look forward to giving those fans the opportunity to celebrate the Redskins' return from training camp."
Prior to the Redskins' practice, which typically includes warm-ups, 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 team drills, fans will be able to enjoy multiple performances by the Redskins Marching Band and Cheerleaders. Larry Michael, the voice of the Washington Redskins, will welcome the crowd.
"Loudoun County is proud to be the corporate home of the Washington Redskins and we look forward to welcoming them back from Richmond," Loudoun Economic Development Director Buddy Rizer said. "This is an exciting time of year for football fans, and this event is a great opportunity for not only our residents, but for fans across the region to watch practice and interact with the team and coaches."
Every Redskins player and coach are tentatively expected to sign autographs, take pictures and mingle with fans. Fans are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on during practice.
Snacks and drinks will be available for sale to fans on-site. Vendors for this year's event will include Famous Dave's, Subway and Papa John's.
The deadline to enter the ticket lottery is Tuesday, Aug. 18 at 5 p.m. ET. Randomly selected fans will receive an e-mail within 48 hours of the deadline with a link to a printable ticket with a unique bar code, which guarantees access to Redskins Park on that date.
Why are the Redskins using a lottery system?
- The Redskins anticipate heavy demand for this open practice session
- Based on NFL best practices, an automated, random lottery system is the most fair way to distribute complimentary tickets which will guarantee access to this high-demand event.
How do I enter and what do I receive if I am selected?
- The lottery system is free to enter (online at www.Redskins.com/fanday or by mailing a 3x5 card with name, address, phone number and e-mail address to Redskins Fan Day Lottery at 21300 Redskin Park Drive, Ashburn, VA 20147)
- The deadline to enter is Aug. 18 at 5 p.m. ET.
- One (1) entry per fan
- Each randomly selected fan will receive four (4) complimentary tickets which will guarantee access to the Aug. 23 Open Practice Session
How will the process work?
- Randomly selected fans will receive an e-mail within 48 hours of the Tuesday, Aug. 18 deadline with a link to a printable ticket with a unique bar code.
- Each fan entering the gates, including children, must present their complimentary ticket prior to entry in order to guarantee access.
- Tickets are non-transferrable. Unauthorized transfers will be voided and all tickets in the group will be cancelled.
What else do I need to know?
- Fans with questions about the lottery process may call the Washington Redskins' guest services department at 301-276-6068.
*Practice time is subject to change