With the team's practice prep for the Cowboys complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO:
10. Corner Josh Norman on next-man-up mentality with the defense:
"I feel like as a defensive group, as a front seven just getting in there and doing your job to the best of your ability, whatever that may be. I know we're missing [Johnathan Allen] and we hope he can play for us, but if not next man up."
9. Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky on getting more pressure on the quarterback:
"Across the board, we have to do a better job getting after the passer with a little bit of pressure here and there, and then ultimately trying to sack the quarterback."
8. Running back Adrian Peterson on his belief in the offense:
"I really have great expectations for us. I see the talent. We really haven't put a game together yet. This is gonna be a big chance for us coming Monday night to put it all together."
Take a look at photos from Redskins practice on Thursday September 19, 2019 before they take on the Chicago Bears.
7. Head Coach Jay Gruden on the Bears defense:
"They're physical in the middle and they have speed at linebacker. They have good edge play. They have a safety that's a ball hawk. Their corners are pretty good and experienced. They don't really have a weakness in their defense."
6. Norman on Bears quarterback Mitch Trubisky:
"He's a capable guy. He's mobile, he's very much so a mobile quarterback. He's capable of making plays and extending plays with his legs. We just gotta be understanding of what that looks like for us and try to contain [it]."
5. Middle linebacker Jon Bostic on his level of surprise given the results of the first two weeks:
"Definitely. This is not what we visioned. But this is why you sign up for the game: the adversity that's in it. It's not about us going in and shutting down or putting our heads down. We still got 14 more, and we gotta take it one game at a time. We gotta keep putting our foot forward."
4. Quarterback Case Keenum on turning things around after a slow start:
"We have the same mindset in that locker room if not the mindset to work harder. So, the sky is not falling. We're going to work harder and do everything we can, which is what we do every day to be the best team we can be."
3. Safety Landon Collins on what running back Tarik Cohen provides as a pass-catcher:
"From that standpoint, he's an elite guy. He makes plays go, he makes [the Bears] go. We have to play him from depth and just come downhill and tackle him. He's a low to the ground kind of guy so you have to make sure you wrap up on him."
2. Wide Receiver Terry McLaurin on his expectation for Monday Night Football against the Bears:**
"It doesn't get any easier, especially with the Bears coming in -- they were a playoff team last year. But, I'm not afraid of the stage, I'm not afraid of the moment, so I'm really excited to go out there and try to help us win."
1. Running Chris Thompson on his change in mentality when his helmet goes on:
"It's time to go for me. I wipe the smile away, trust me. I'm a different person. I don't really say much on the field. It's just all about work -- that's my work day -- so I just gotta be in locked in and focused on my job."