The Washington Redskins already know who they'll face during the 2017 regular season and just by the looks of it, it will be a tough 16-game slate. In fact, it is the seventh hardest schedule in the NFL.
A look back at some of the top sacks in games between the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys.
Washington will face five different teams that reached the playoffs during the 2016 season along with matchups against two teams that finished .500 or better, just missing out on postseason action.
Here's the 2017 season breakdown:
- 2017 Home Games: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants.
- 2017 Away Games: Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans Saints, Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants.
In total, the Redskins' opponents for the 2016 season had a combined record of 138-116-2 with a winning percentage of .543.
Here's the top 10 hardest schedules for the 2017 season via CBSSports.com's John Breech:
- Denver Broncos: 147-107-2, .578
- Kansas City Chiefs: 147-108-1, .576
- Los Angeles Chargers: 145-110-1, .568
- Oakland Raiders: 144-111-1 .564
- Buffalo Bills: 143-112-1, .561
- Miami Dolphins: 140-116-0, .547
- Washington Redskins: 138-116-2, .543
T-8. New York Giants: 135-117-4, .535
T-8. New York Jets: 137-119-0, .535
T-10. Dallas Cowboys: 134-118-4, .531
Of those nine other teams that have the most difficult upcoming schedules, the Redskins face six of them. And, of course, Washington will face division rivals Dallas and New York twice.