- The Washington Redskins lost to the New Orleans Saints, 43-19, on Monday in front of an announced crowd of 73, 028 people at Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- The Redskins forced a fumble late in the second quarter and have now forced at least one turnover in all four games this season and eight consecutive games dating back to Week 14 of last season.
Check out photos of the Washington Redskins warming up before their regular season Week 5 game against the New Orleans Saints. Presented by Bose.
- Quarterback Alex Smith connected on 23-of-39 passes for 275 yards and one interception for a 69.9 passer rating. Smith also recorded one rushing touchdown. It was the 15th rushing touchdown of Smith's career.
- Running back Kapri Bibbs recorded his first career rushing touchdown on a one-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter.
- Running back Chris Thompson finished with a team high six receptions for 45 yards (7.5 avg.) and now has hauled in 155 career receptions with the Washington Redskins. Thompson has now passed Kelvin Bryant (154) for the sixth most by a running back in franchise history.
- Wide receiver Jamison Crowder finished with four receptions for 55 yards (13.8 avg.).
- Wide receiver Paul Richardson Jr. hauled in four receptions for 50 yards (12.5 avg.).
- Wide receiver Maurice Harris made his first career start and recorded his first reception of the season.
- Harris finished with three receptions for 47 yards (15.7 avg.)
- Wide receiver Michael Floyd made his first career start as a Washington Redskins.
- Linebacker Mason Foster finished the game with a team high 10 tackles (six solo). Foster has now recorded double-digit tackles for a third consecutive game. The streak is the longest of his career.
- Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan made his 116th consecutive regular season start, the longest active streak among active NFL linebackers. Kerrigan has not missed a start in his NFL career.
- Kerrigan remains as one of six NFL players (and only three non-quarterbacks) to have started every game since the start of the 2011 season (Brandon Carr, Patrick Peterson, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan and Matthew Stafford).
- Kerrigan registered a sack for a loss of eight yards. He has now recorded 500 career sack yards.
- Defensive lineman Daron Payne recorded one sack for a loss of six yards and now has two sacks on the season. Payne finished the game with four tackles (three solo), two quarterback hits and a forced fumble.
- Linebacker Pernell McPhee appeared in his 100th career game and returned a fumble 24 yards to help set up a Redskins score in the second quarter.
- Cornerback Fabian Moreau recorded his second forced fumble of the season and finished with five tackles (three solo) for the game.
- Kicker Dustin Hopkins connected on a 53-yard field goal in the first quarter and has now recorded six career field goals of 50 yards or more. With the field goal, Hopkins has now recorded the third-most field goals of 50 or more yards in team history.