With the team's practice prep for the Cardinals complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO.
10. "I'd like to think every rep is important. We have a method for our madness and every rep we take is scrutinized and coached up. The goal is to make us better and also work on our conditioning, discipline, and all that good stuff. So, I think that every rep we take out here, whether it's a walkthrough, a practice rep or individual, is very, very important to our success in the future.
- Jay Gruden, on the last two weeks of practice
9. "It's the NFL, he's going to make plays, but we have to go out as a defense and make more plays than they make, you know what I mean?"
- Mason Foster, on running back David Johnson
8. "From our standpoint, we've got some young guys that have some talent and now we have to just play together as a defense and make sure that we bring it on Sunday."
- Greg Manusky, on if he sees value in playing young players on the defense
7. "I think it's a good thing that everybody can grow together but I also think it's good because they have a guy like Ziggy Hood in the room and I didn't have a guy like that at Cleveland. I can go to him and ask him about stuff that I might be having trouble with in my career or that I might necessarily don't now how to do, so he's been there and he's a vet and so it's cool to learn from him."
- Caleb Brantley, on playing with a young defensive line
6. "Yeah I'm over most of it, I'm just not over the hitting, the contact, part just yet. Coach Jordan actually told me he's going to hit me a couple times in pregame just so I could I guess got those nerves out, which is not going to help any, but. Once I get over that part, I mean, it will be smooth sailing from there."
- Chris Thompson, on if he is mentally over the injury from last year
5. "It's super exciting to get back on the field and compete with my brothers. So, very excited, you know, we've been working hard this whole offseason. Now it's time to perform."
- Jordan Reed, on his excitement for the season
4. "Your focus is to win ballgames instead of make a team. It's exciting to have that, I've got security for a little bit, I don't know I still got to come out here and make plays and be able to help this team win. So, I'm a pretty focused individual, so there's not a lot of off time for me just taking a break."
- Trey Quinn, on transitioning after making the roster
3. "I didn't have to call anyone, my mom called me. She was just following up. She finally saw, we was getting out a little workout, soon as I got out the workout, she was calling me, she was crying. You know, I'm just thankful that I can, you know, make them happy. I'm just happy to be here.
- Danny Johnson, on making the active roster
2. "I would be lying to you to say it doesn't. But, I feel like anyone that's doing anything, you always have some doubters, some people that give up on you. And it motivates you to keep pushing forward, so that's a big part of my motivation."
- Adrian Peterson, on if doubt fuels him
1. "I've been jacked up since last week. I'm like a kid in a candy store, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to be the night of. I know I'm going to get butterflies for the first time in a long time just because I'm so excited about this year. We've got some good stuff going, some good stuff cooking, so I'm ready to get it out and eat."
- Josh Norman, on being ready for Week 1