LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation launched its newest initiative, "ASPIRE", at an inaugural summit yesterday at Visa's Campus in Ashburn, Va. For photos of the event, visit http://redsk.in/2gwSpeS.
The ASPIRE initiative, created for 7th grade girls, focuses on inspiring, educating and building confidence in young women from Loudoun County and Fairfax County Public Schools. All participating students were selected by school counselors and career specialists based on need and readiness. The initiative helps provide young women with information and inspiration to chart a course for success in their lives.
"I learned that if it's not a challenge, then it isn't worth your time," said Sherley, a seventh-grade student from River Bend Middle School. "We learned so much today and I'm so thankful that I'm able to be here."
- Danielle White – Vice President Community Engagement, MGM
- Cathy Lanier – Senior Vice President – Security, NFL
- Rebecca Schulte – President, NBC Sports Washington
- Karen Strong – Senior Vice President - Client Support & Implementation, Visa
- Tiffany Moore – Vice President, Government and Political Affairs, Consumer Technology Association
- Joyce Hunter – CEO, Vulcan Enterprises, LLC
- Jennifer Hinkle – Vice President, Digital Marketing, Washington Redskins
The panel was facilitated by Allison Seymour of Fox 5 News Morning and Good Day DC.
The cohort will stay connected through a protected online community and will stay engaged through monthly blog posts on the topics explored during the summit. On Thursday, Mar. 15 the girls will reconnect at Redskins Park for the next piece of the initiative focused on health and wellness.
For more information on the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation's programs and events or to donate, visit www.redskins.com/community or follow the Foundation on Twitter at @RedskinsCR and Instagram at @redskinsgiveback.
Any questions regarding this event should be directed to Tish Carmona of Redskins Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-726-7077. Media interested in attending the event should also contact Carmona.