For more from the team, including exclusive videos, photos and written content, be sure to "like" the Redskins' Official Facebook page.
As players take their final breaks before training camp, The Redskins Blog will take a look back at the new faces from this offseason and what we've learned about them, football and otherwise, so far.
Today, we'll focus on offensive lineman and first-round draft pick Brandon Scherff.
1. Scherff met Offensive line Coach Bill Callahan right after being drafted: "I had the pleasure to go out to eat with Coach Callahan last night and he talked about that, just getting back to old style football, hard-nosed football, bringing back the Hogs, and he talked about that a little bit last night. You know, that's what we're going to try to do this coming year, start off on the right foot."
- He played a lot of sports growing up:** "I played quarterback at 290 pounds and then I went from track practice to tennis practice to baseball practice my freshman year. So I gave tennis up because track and tennis were the same season, so I had to give one up, because I wanted to stay committed to two sports, So I gave tennis up and I think I outgrew that sport just a little bit."
3. Defensive lineman Jason Hatcher thinks Scherff was a "Hell of a pick:""He's going to help us out a lot. I watched him on film. He's a very aggressive and violent person. If he gets you in a vulnerable situation, he's going to finish you. He's nasty, and that's what you expect out of your right tackle. And I think we're slowly but surely getting back to the old Hog Redskin days. Our offensive line is really getting bigger and bigger every year, so we've got a lot of guys coming in."
4. Callahan has made an impression on Scherff:"It's been great. He's taught us a lot and he's put a lot on our shoulders and he expects us to know it so that's what you've got to do. You've got to come to practice, go to meetings, go back to the hotel, and study, and just complete that every day."
5. He started fishing as a kid on Father's Day: "I started hunting in about 7th grade and I started fishing early with my dad whenever we could. We went on Father's Day, so I grew up fishing first, and then hung out with some buddies that started hunting and that kind of interested me and my dad gave me a shotgun and from there it went off."
6. Scherff believes the NFL game is slowing down slightly: "The season doesn't start for another two or three months so we've got plenty of time to catch up but I'm just trying to improve each and every day. We've gone a long way since minicamp so that's a plus…The game is starting to slow down just a little bit and you start to see things a little faster than you did in rookie minicamp so that's good."
7. He was humbled by the size of Joe Jacoby:"Just learning about 'The Hogs,' that's probably one of my favorites, and just meeting some of the guys. Joe Jacoby – I thought I was a big guy, but he's an incredibly big man."